Yesterday I
attended the NLP conference event ‘From Modelling Excellence to Being Excellent’
with Michael Neill. I have been
following Michael Neill and his transition from NLP to the Three Principles for
a while. I read, I listened, I watched, I could see what qualities the people
who are involved with the Three Principles have and I wanted some of these
inner qualities of calm and clarity. Somehow I just couldn’t quite ‘get it’.
Yesterday a crack opened for me and a little bit of this ‘it’ got in.
This is my understanding
of the Three Principles:
In 1973 Sydney Banks, a Scottish
welder living in Canada, had an insight into how the Human Mind works and he
called the three fundamental building blocks of human experience: Mind,
Consciousness and Thought.
The
principle of Mind is the guiding principle behind life. This guiding principle
has been given many names, the quantum field, the field of infinite
possibilities, infinite creative energy, God. This guiding principle ensures
that an acorn always grows into an oak tree and that when we cut our finger,
the wound will normally heal without us having to do anything other than to
keep the wound clean. This guiding principle is working in the universe 24/7
and we have access to this field of all possibilities when our mind is quiet
and open to insights and fresh ideas.
Consciousness
allows us to be aware of our own thinking and how our thinking is creating our
reality and experience of life.
Thought is
the paintbrush with which we create our life experience. We think and then we
feel our thinking. We can never not feel our thinking. When we have good
feeling thoughts we feel good, when we have bad feeling thoughts we feel bad.
Thoughts just come and go if we let them. At any time we are potentially just one
thought away from a better feeling thought.
The beauty
is in the simplicity of the system. There isn’t really much we have to do other
than to be open, curious and allow our mind to calm down enough for new insight
to come in. If we do there is clarity and the next step will reveal itself
effortlessly. The path appears and all you have to do is show up and take the
next step. And trust the process.
When our
mind gets cluttered and we feel stressed, depressed, bored or any of the other
negative states of mind, all this tells us is that our thinking is off, we have
cluttered our connection to the infinite genius inside and if we don’t take our
thoughts too serious, they will pass and fresh new thought will come in, clarity
will be restored. It’s a self-correcting system. It’s our mental immune system.
Michael
said that he has noticed two fundamental human problems:
1) People don’t understand that they
are feeling their thoughts. They think that there is something outside
themselves that makes them feel a certain way and that the outside reality
needs to get fixed. He says that there is nothing there that needs fixing. It’s
just thought seeming real, very real at times.
2) People underestimate the power of
the mind, they cannot see their own potential. He called this our inner genius.
Where this
road is taking me I have no idea yet and that is ok. I know the next step will
appear and then the next one. I don’t have to control this process, I don’t
have to get stressed. All I have to do is to trust the process.
If you like
to explore the Three Principles here are some links you can follow:
Michael Neil, the Inside Out Revolution.
Jamie Smart, Clarity
Damian Mark Smyth, Do Nothing
No comments:
Post a Comment